Roath Lock Studios
A production village for the BBC located on former industrial land in Cardiff
The BBC Studios is a 3.6ha production village situated in Roath Basin, a 20ha area of former industrial land in Cardiff.
The scheme consists of a 260m long office block and eight studio facilities with outdoor filming spaces.
The façade, developed by FAT, uses motifs referencing the dock’s warehouses, wave forms and Cardiff’s gothic architecture.
- Begun: Jun 2010
- Completed: Sep 2011
- Floor area: 16,356m2
- Sector: Arts and culture
- Procurement: Design and Build
- Address: Roath Basin, Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Architect: FAT, Holder Mathias Architects
- Client: Igloo Regeneration Ltd
- Sub-tenant: BBC
- CDM coordinator: EC Harris
- Landscape architect: LDA Design
- Project manager: Davis Langdon
- Planning consultant: WYG Planning & Design
- Quantity surveyor: Gardiner & Theobald
- Independent measuring surveyor: King Sturge
- Structural engineer: Bay Associates
- Services engineer: Arup
- Breeam assessor: Arup
- Main contractor: Vinci Construction